Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Springtime in Corralitos

Ahhh... as my great grandmother used to say, the best part of a trip is coming home. It's a paradox, I love to travel, but I also love being at home.
Home, sweet, home



Spring has literally sprung open and the flowers are in full bloom.
First time bloom 

on our Tower of Jewels... bees love it

a Dr Seus plant from the Canary Islands

None of us are happier to be home than the ratz. They quickly re-establish their territory.  Shortly they are digging for gophers in the soft spring soils and hunting lizards in the warm sun.
Checkers digs and Mary supervises

Mary now decides to give Checkers a paw or two


Lizard! Lizard!
No me - I saw it first.


A dirty dog is a happy dog,
but also one about to get a bath

Flowers - sigh - they are so beautiful in bloom.  I would love to be a bee to buzz right into the heart of the flowers.
Wisteria on the back patio bannister

Close up of wisteria

A carpet of pink

We score an old wooden propellor from eBay and mount it above the bar in remembrance of our fathers who were both WWII pilots, Peter's for the Navy and mine for the Air Force.

Peter feeds puppies under the propeller


It's so beautiful here, I often wonder why we leave... then the road beckons us back again. That's the problem with growing up constantly moving, the call of the road is hard to resist.
Monterey Bay outside our window



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Retired and enjoying life.